Lawn Care Tips
Helpful do-it-yourself lawn care tips from lawn professionals,
landscapers and home owners who enjoy their lawns and gardens...and care
about the environment. Mowing, watering, fertilizing, weed control and more.
Use the site search tool to find what you are looking for or scroll through the list of topics below.
Can't find what you're looking for? Ask us a question.
Recent and Popular Tips
Our most recent and popular tips are listed in this first section.
Organic Lawn Care Tips, Growing Natural Lawns
- 10 organic lawn care tips
revolving around sound maintenance practices. We call it "preventive
health care for lawns". It's the simplest way to grow a lush green
natural lawn without chemicals.
- Grasscyling - How to spend more time relaxing on the weekends and less time mowing and fertilizing your lawn.
- How to Compost Grass Clippings
Lawn Weed Control
Fertilizing Your Lawn
- It's important to have your lawn fertilizer spreader adjusted to apply
products at the recommended rate. Here's how to do it in a few simple
steps: How to Calibrate Your Drop Spreader
Lawn Equipment & Tool Tips
- Ride-on Spreader/Sprayers:
These units are perfect for lawn care companies that do a high volume
of fertilizing and weed control and want to increase efficiency.
Employees will be happier because their back won't be hurting at the end
of the day and they will get more done.
- Have you ever had trouble starting your lawn mower or weed whip in the spring? Winterize Your Lawn Equipment
- This tip is guaranteed to improve the reliability of your equipment. A
few simple steps to winterize and store your gas-powered tools.
- Mow like a pro! Keep your lawn mower blades sharp.
Sharp blades cut cleanly and give your lawn a manicured look. An easy
maintenance task - How to keep your lawn mower blades sharp.
- Mowing lawn stripes: Have you ever
wondered how the pros make the patterns on baseball fields or golf
courses? Stripes are made by laying down the grass leaf blades in the
direction you are mowing. Lawn striping kits can be made from boat
trailer rollers, pvc pipe filled with sand, rubber flaps or chains -
anything that can be mounted to the rear of a lawn mower cutting deck. Click here to learn how to stripe your lawn like a pro.
- Work safe and smart! Lawn Mower Safety is all about common sense and paying attention to what your are doing.
Pests and Problems
- How to install drip irrigation in landscape beds using a simple kit that converts an automatic pop-up sprinkler system into a drip system.
- Creative Landscaping Ideas -
Do-it-yourself landscape design tips. Simple & fun ways to get your creative juices flowing and inspiration for your design.